Call Now: 0333 370 1571
Calls charged at local rate, included in monthly minutes for most mobile providers
📅 February 17, 2016 | Bar Pub Restaurant Insurance
If you run a fish and chip shop or hot food takeaway then we can provide you with the correct insurance for your business. We have insured fish & chip shops for over the years as brokers search and compare a selected panel of insurance schemes who specialise in the trade.
To arrange a quotation just click the link, complete the simple quotation form and we will come back to you as soon as possible with a quotation, normally within 24 working hours. Alternatively give our office a ring on 0333 370 1571 where we can discuss your insurance needs straight over the phone.
Discounts: Various discounts can be offered including discounts for long established fish and chip shops, no claims discounts, being a member of the National Federation of Fish Friers, security discounts, higher excess discounts, and more.
Frying Range: The most common cause of fire claims in fish and chip shops is from frying ranges. Our insurers look for customers who have good housekeeping in place and look after their equipment. In return insurers will provide better insurance prices and maximum discounts.
Some examples of good housekeeping with frying ranges include:
• If the frying range exceeds a certain temperature then a fitted thermostat should be fitted to ensure the range is shut down if exceeded. Make sure it’s fitted and working correctly.
• A regular planned maintenance and service programme should be in place. This should be carried out at regular intervals by suitably qualified engineers.
• Ensure a specialist contractor is used to regularly clean all extraction systems including hoods, canopies, flues, motors, fans and the length of the ducting normally at least annually.
• Sump boxes, trap and grease removal devices, and filters should be thoroughly cleaned at least weekly and records kept when they have been cleaned.
• Any used cloths, oily or greasy waster should be kept in metal bins and removed from the premises daily.
• Ensure the frying area has adequate fire extinguishing equipment close to hand, These include foam, dry powder and carbon dioxide extinguishers and also fire blankets. For health and safety these should have a regular inspection by qualified engineers to ensure they are still in good working order, are adequate and still legal.
• Maybe common sense, but ensure the frying equipment is never left unattended when in use, and also when turned off ensure someone checks it for the next half an hour until cooled.
All fish and chip policy’s will have different ‘warranties and conditions’ especially for frying equipment. If you have the above housekeeping in place then you shouldn’t have a problem, but always look at your current policy or quotes you have obtained, check these warranty’s and make sure you are doing what these conditions state you must do, if you don’t, you could see an insurer refusing to pay a claim. At quote stage we will always inform you exactly what warranty’s and terms are on a policy, you will just need to confirm you have them in place.
To get a FREE fish and chip shop insurance quotation, please just click the tab here, complete the short quotation form and we will come back to you with your chip shop quote as soon as possible.
Alternatively you can call our office on 0333 370 1571 where we can take the full details of your fish and chip shop over the phone.
Our fish and chip shop insurance schemes cater all types of food outlets including all types of takeaways, pizza takeaway, American fried chicken takeaways, Chinese takeaway, cafes, sandwich bars and restaurants whether they have deep fat frying equipment or not. Contact us today for a fast food takeaway insurance quotation.
Sorry Comments are Closed.